Laboratory course for renewable energy
In the framework of this lab course, the focus is placed on renewable energies. Methods of analysis and practical application are broken down step-by-step through a total of six innovative experiments.
At the course's mandatory introductory meeting, students will be split into groups, and lab topics will be assigned to those students that signed up for them. Those who signed up for the course’s waiting list should still be present at the meeting, as replacement positions will also be assigned.
Interesting, practical applications of energy technology will be discovered and investigated through a total of six experiments:
1. Solar Thermal Technology
- Measurements on a thermal solar collector at the solar research field of the institute, together with the ZAE Bayern.
- Measurements on a solar collector at the solar research field of the institute, together with the Institute for Thermodynamics.
3. Biogas Facility
- Excursion to a biogas facility.
4. Fuel Cells
- Construction of a PEM fuel cell, and measurements using hydrogen as fuel.
5. Fuel Analysis
- Investigation of biogenic fuels with several fuel analysis methods.
6. Gasification of Biomass
- Experiments with lab-scale biomass gasifiers and determination of various reaction parameters.
In every experiment a home assignment has to be written in a group of three students.
A 10-minute graded attestation will precede each experiment.
The course is held in German!