Continuous fermentations in miniaturized stirred-tank reactors
Andreas Schmideder, Doctoral Thesis Technische Universität München, 2016
Miniaturized bioreactors enable efficient bioprocess development. Substrate supply via gas phase and continuous process control were implemented to realize the continuous operation of stirred-tank bioreactors and novel enzyme-membrane-reactors in parallel. Thereby, kinetic models of microbial reactions could be identified in a timesaving manner. Biological processes could be redesigned efficiently and scale-up from the 10 milliliter to the 1000 liter scale was successfully demonstrated.
- Schmideder A, Weuster-Botz D (2017): High-performance recombinant protein production with Escherichia coli in continuously operated cascades of stirred-tank reactors. J Ind Microbiol Biotechnol 44: 1021–1029.
- Schmideder A, Schottroff F, Klermund L, Castiglione K, Weuster-Botz D (2017): Studies on the enzymatic synthesis of N-acetylneuraminic acid with continuously operated enzyme membrane reactors on a milliliter scale. Biochem Eng J 119: 9 - 19.
- Schmideder A, Cremer JH, Weuster-Botz D (2016): Parallel steady state studies on a milliliter scale accelerate fed-batch bioprocess design for recombinant protein production with Escherichia coli. Biotechnology Progress 32: 1426–1435.
- Schmideder A, Priebe X, Rubenbauer M, Hoffmann T, Huang F-C, Schwab W, Weuster-Botz D (2016): Non-water miscible ionic liquid improves biocatalytic production of geranyl glucoside with Escherichia coli overexpressing a glucosyltransferase. Bioproc Biosys Eng 39: 1409-1414.
- Schmideder A, Hensler S, Lang M, Stratmann A, Giesecke U, Weuster-Botz D (2016): High-cell-density cultivation and recombinant protein production with Komagataella pastoris in stirred-tank bioreactors from milliliter to cubic meter scale. Proc Biochem 451: 177-184.
- Schmideder A, Severin TS, Cremer J, Weuster-Botz D (2015): A novel milliliter-scale chemostat system for parallel cultivation of microorganisms in stirred-tank bioreactors. J Biotechnol 210: 19-24.
- Weiner M, Tröndle J, Schmideder A, Binder K, Albermann C, Sprenger GA, Weuster-Botz D (2015): Parallelized small-scale production of uniformly 13C-labeled cell-extract for quantitative metabolome analysis, Anal Biochem 478: 134-140.