Automated optimization of microbial protein expression by combining parallel reactor systems in the digitized bioprocess laboratory
Nikolas von den Eichen, Doctoral Thesis Technische Universität München, 2023
The time-efficient optimization of microbial protein expressions was achieved by coupling and digitization of automated parallel reactor systems on the L and mL scale with automated transfer of cell suspensions. For example, enzyme activities in the recombinant production of a carboxylreductase with E. coli in stirred-tank bioreactors could be increased automatically by a factor of 40, with the test period being able to be reduced by a factor of up to 50.
- Benner P, Lüdtke FJ, Beyer N, von den Eichen N, Oropeza Vargas JE, Weuster-Botz D (2023): LED illumination modules enable automated photoautotrophic cultivation of microalgae in parallel milliliter-scale stirred-tank bioreactors. Appl Sci 13: 5064.
- Bromig L, von den Eichen N, Weuster-Botz D (2022): Control of parallized bioreactors I: dynamic scheduling software for efficient bioprocess management in high-throughput systems, Bioproc Biosys Eng 45: 1927-1937.
- Von den Eichen N, Osthege M, Dölle M, Bromig L, Wiechert W, Oldiges M, Weuster-Botz D (2022): Control of parallized bioreactors II: probabilistic quantification of carboyxlic acid reductase activity for bioprocess optimization, Bioproc Biosys Eng 45: 1939-1954.
- Bromig L, Leiter D, Mardale A-V, von den Eichen N, Bieringer E, Weuster-Botz D (2022): The SiLA 2 manager for rapid device integration and workflow automation. SoftwareX 17: 100991.
- Von den Eichen N, Bromig L, Sidarava V, Marienberg H, Weuster-Botz D (2021): Automated multi-scale cascade of parallel stirred-tank bioreactors for fast protein expression studies. J Biotechnol 332: 103-113.